Saturday, September 21, 2019

Another version of the DSS620 from Nixdorf & Power Supply

Dominique shared these with me today, saying he found these pictures a long time ago.  image.google.com finds no matches.
 
 
To see the power supply current/recent auction, open this post.
He shared these in conjunction with a power supply he found on eBay for me, which I archive below.  I won't be initially attempting to acquire it, but it is most interesting to document.  
eBay Auction                                        Auction Archive
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DESCRIPTION:
Deepl.com translation to English:
I've never seen anything like it.

You can still see "NIXDOF COMPUTER NT620", but "CEAG" painted it over white. Can still be read if you look at it from the right angle. I have tried to show this accordingly.

The power supply might belong to a real classic.

Maybe it belongs to the 88xx family, or 8820 family, or 8850, or 8870, or a mainframe, or a magnetic memory, or a drive, or an industrial device, or something completely different?

Unfortunately, I have no idea.

The case of the power supply is "slightly" warped in places and has dents. I received the device myself.

The power supply has not been tested.

The mains cable is damaged and must NOT be connected (strands could be touched).

Therefore sell as DEFECT.

Behind the transparent plastic window would be a free slot for a plug-in card. I don't know if this is missing and absolutely necessary for operation, or if it was an optional interface card / monitoring card / alarm card or something similar. I do not own any other parts. Looks original and complete, but I don't know anything about it.

Please have a look at the photos and judge for yourself if something is missing.

I replaced some screws on the back with new M4 screws, because the original ones didn't fit anymore.

Probably the power supply comes from dismantling a computer, and was already removed 10 or 20 years ago.

You get the article as shown and described, without decoration or other items. The contract language is German. For this purchase our AGB are considered as contractually agreed upon (more information in addition see further down).

The device is very heavy!! Approx. 27kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment