Sunday, October 27, 2019

Entrex Data/Scope turned Commodore C116


On 18/10/2019 09:55, Andreas wrote:
Hello...,

I found your page
-https://entrex480.blogspot.com/p/nixdorf-620-restoration.html-

with the help of Philipp Maier. -www.diskettenschlitz.de-  in my
collection I've an old 620 Terminal. In the 1980 I used this monitor
with an enbedded commodore c116. I through out the keyboard and build
in the commodore. Now I tried to restore this system, but the terminal
has a problem with the vertical distraction. Do you have the wiring
diagram for the Terminal?

If your are interested I'll send you some photos.

Best regards

Andreas Stamer
Wolfenbüttel, Lower Saxony

Entrex Datascope PS Serial # 325625
 
UPDATE 2019-10-27:  After having a lovely conversation with Andreas over Skype, I was able to confirm that, alas, decades ago he did indeed discard the terminal motherboard and keyboard from this Entrex Data/Scope - Nixdorf terminal.  As we can see in the first picture, he replaced both, in a VERY creative fashion, with the full Commodore C116 computer.  But I'm glad to know that he has at least preserved the items shown above.

Andreas also provided a picture of the box of Nixdorf floppy disks below, and even though I haven't been able to receive full confirmation, I believe that he included these only because they are branded "Nixdorf", and not because they had any connection with the original Entrex 480/Nixdorf 620 system, or any components thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment